Hypnopedia

Thursday, October 30, 2008

ATKM Dramatic Monologue


I am caught between what is right and what is wrong

Doing neither I bid a sirens song

Yet do the latter and my conscious broke

And the former labeled as a choke

It wasn’t to be this way when it begun

Three fathers yet as good as none

Crippled by allegiance to the crown

Being slowly yet silently dragged down

The years have flown since initiation

And now I do sit at this station

Of right and wrong, good and evil

Never governed by the steeple

But rather by the one who bought me

A petty sum brings me to a knee

For in a candid test a fate

The father I’ve been seeking now forsake

The straw that broke the camel’s back

Has hindered my accordance to this track

Of love I am indeed a victim

Stolen by the once trusted kingdom

Satan’s work is seldom scene

But rather manifested in a dream

Of years before my life was bore

Another bid adherence swore

Yet not to the same set of hands

Instead to a woman in different lands

To which my namesake has belonged

Indeed the servant had been wronged

So a quest embarked upon never conquered

Finding her a fallacy concurred

But in history we find ourselves repeated

Time is a force, not defeated

The same mistakes that came before

Indeed came knocking at my door

But in the end the past redone

And the king’s swan song has been sung

Taken not by mortal justice

But instead by a man always trusted

Vindication, yet not so sweet

For I too have taken the devil’s treat

In the end what’s done is done

Summarized not by simple pun

But by a spider and a twitch

Undone I’ve been by my own niche

1 comment:

APLITghosts said...

nice job Britt. I like the last line. I cannot view your pic from here, and i would like to see it. please try to post it when you post your hypnopaedia. this is a thoughtful piece. i like what you say about the three fathers. nice use of diction and rhyme for jack. - elmeer